Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waffles with Peaches - Good Morning!

As a child I never embraced breakfast. I'd eat leftovers from the night before, grab a pop tart, or just skip it all together. I don't know if it is because I'm older, because I'm a mother, or because our increasingly health-conscious world is rubbing off on me, but I really appreciate a solid start to my day through breakfast.

Typically I eat cereal or oatmeal with fresh fruit, but for this post I thought I'd do a little extra work. It was a Sunday when I made this and the little one was with her grandparents so I think that is why I had the early morning energy.

We got a waffle maker as a wedding present and I just used the Bisquick recipe for this set. Super easy with great results. Topped it off with fresh cut peaches, a little syrup, and a dollop of whipped cream.

You can also add chocolate chips, a large variety of fruit, or peanut butter to get a little creative. Or go with ice cream or hot turkey and gravy and take this somewhere else from a breakfast post.

Every once and a while it is nice to mix up our meal routine.

------------------------------------
If we're not willing to settle for junk living, 
we certainly shouldn't settle for junk food.  ~Sally Edwards
------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. That looks sooo good! I wish I had a waffle maker... sigh...

    I am so excited for you guys as you begin this journey...I am fully supportive and I've heard lots of great things about Montessori. I think thats the perfect way to teach children, I think I would have learned certain things much better in this format. Makes me anxious to start homeschooling our children... guess I should probably have some first haha (just read the homeschooling post but wasnt able to find a place to comment on it??)

    ReplyDelete